Fellow Shooters

BillLarson

Hi all..... thought it was time for me to put something back into the forum... instead of just taking.
Lots of GREAT information here.....it can save you time and money sharing expierences with shooting and hunting.
I`m a 64 year old hunter (have shot 2 elk 1-5x5 a moose+several deer on public land.... never paid a guide..... even tuffer than the Tred Barta way.....) turned competitve shooter because of hunter preference point stystems and high licsense costs.
I shoot metallic silhouette... both rimfire and centerfire...... I enjoy the centerfire more as it hones a hunters shooting skills....We shoot from 200 meters to 500 meters off hand (standing)
I use several different guns as I do my own barrel work.6.5x55swede,7-08 and a 30-223 of my own design... mostly on rem. actions although the 30-223 is on a stainless AMT .
I also shoot long range matches 800-1200 yds, at Lodi Wi.... I`m registered ( NRA classed EXpert ) for the 2011 "F" Class Nationals to be held in Sept. for that I use a 6.5x.284 and a straight .284 win..
We practice on Weds. during the summer ... matches for both are on weekends..and if any of you would like to try it.... I`m inviting you....
"Hold into the Wind"
Bill Larson

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.