Federal 180 bearclaws 300 ultra mag

birddog67

Well I do not reload yet. So here is my problem , federal stopped make regular 18o bearclaws ? Now they only make the tipped version . Different bullet cofishent the regular bearclaws I had consistent .53 groups at 3240 FPS now with barnes Xxx 180 gr I get .64 @ 3200 FPS . This is both at 100 yards in a good rest on the bench . So now I am going to have to try to use the tipped version of the bearclaw , different coafishent .050 instead of the .038 of the original bearclaws , I just hope I can get these to group well , what has every one else's eperiance ? Thanks I do know that I will have to start loading eventually !

Well I do not reload yet. So here is my problem , federal stopped make regular 18o bearclaws ? Now they only make the tipped version . Different bullet cofishent the regular bearclaws I had consistent .53 groups at 3240 FPS now with barnes Xxx 180 gr I get .64 @ 3200 FPS . This is both at 100 yards in a good rest on the bench . So now I am going to have to try to use the tipped version of the bearclaw , different coafishent .050 instead of the .038 of the original bearclaws , I just hope I can get these to group well , what has every one else's eperiance ? Thanks I do know that I will have to start loading eventually !
Take a look at the Horndady Interlocks and Interbonds as well as the Swift SciroccoII's in the same weight range if you like the performace of the old bear claw and you'll be in love.

Of those three the Scirocco and Interbond are my favorites.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.