favorite scope $500-800

how about the Nikons? I have a monarch 5.5-16.5x44 and really like it. I don't see that name out there at all in these forums. Does anybody have/like any of these? Maybe it's just me because I haven't looked through some of these other scopes, but I am very happy with it. Thanks for all your comments.

Just ordered a Sightron SIII LRMDCM 6-24x50. I have been searching the web like a mad man for reviews and getting out to the range and to gun shops and am pretty confident i made the right choice. Scope should be here next week!

I am a Big nikon fan! Have yet to be disappointed with anything nikon. 80mm and 60mm Spotter, 8x42monarch binoculars, monarch scopes and even the prostaff scopes have to be the best bang for under $200. Last couple years I have become obsessed with long range and it would not have even crossed my mind That I would be capable if not for the experiments with the bdc reticle. followed by the turrets on a 4X psl dragunove scope. Now I shoot a 338 edge mostly with a WSM backup and am constantly amazed at the ranges possible and that first $125 3-9x40 prostaff bdc put up with a thousand rounds of wsm before being moved to the 223 where it still does it's job without question. The WSM now wares a $165 4-12x40 prostaff. YEP nikon is good to go for general purpose under 800. Beyond that they lack adjustment and that is likely why You don't see much discussion in the long range circles. But big fans are out here.

thanks for all the input. I look forward to shopping around and checking out all of the options. Where is the best place to look through some of these scopes so I can actually try them out?

I just recently purchased a Weaver Super Slam 3x15x50 from Natchez Shooting Supplies.They have these scopes on sale in their July/August sale flyer for $349.00 and a $50.00 rebate too.I was impressed when I took her out to the range.The optics were very clear,the adjustments very accurate and repeatable and that price was unbeatable anywhere.From what I understand they are made in Japan by LOW,the same company that makes Bushnell Elites.Here's a Youtube video on these scopes.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsR1PbFLVNw&feature=player_embedded]‪Weaver Super Slam Scope‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Just bought my second Vortex PST, both are excellent. Clear glass and have shot them from 100-880 and they track perfectly. Mil/Mil or MOA/MOA is available and they have a handy method for adjusting the amount of illumination on the reticle.

Leupold 3.5-10X40 Mark 4, M1s, TMR. As a big game rifle scope. I pay in your price range for it, but it retails for a bit more.

Some of my other favorites are:

NightForce 5.5-22X50 NXS, MLR -Good for about anything, $1683

Leupold 6.5-20X50 Mark 4, M1s, TMR -Long range Varmint/Target

I'm a SIII fan about to order 2 more, for the money I like them about as much as my nightforces.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts