Favorite daypack?

Gman98

Hey guys, what are some of your favorite day packs? I am currently using a Jim Shockey 2.2 hunting pack, and love it. I've used it so far for some summer hikes and scouting trips, 2 successful moose hunts, and one not so successful deer hunt.

Alex

Kifaru Spike Camp. Tough, comfortable and will haul meat if you need it. The eberlestock X2 design is top notch but all 3 of the ones I had (1 old style, 2 new) had the frame rub through the padding if I was hauling a 35-40lb load.

(rub through as I could feel the frame on my back as the padding was not sufficient) When I talked to eberlestock customer service about this I was told that I was hauling to heavy of loads and abusing the pack.... Perfect. Sold the X2s and have not and will not buy eberlestock again.

Eberlestock M5 pack. Integrated rifle and bow carrier and plenty of room and pockets for accessories, plus a small padded waist belt pouch for small binos, or range finder, or GPS, or phone, etc.

For "runnin and gunnin" with my 7mag I use a Badlands Diablo. When packing my bigger rifles I use the Eberlestock Gunslinger ll.

I use my Kifaru Timberline 2 for everything from day trips to week long backcountry trips. If someone gave me a Spike Camp or T3 I'd use it, but the slight weight savings surely isn't worth the money.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.