Favorite Caliber

6.5x55. It somehow just makes em deader quicker. Next would be the 6.5-284. Love it too for much the same reason. third would be all the other 6.5mm cartridges. I have respect for all of them and own several that are not 6.5's but that little 6.5x55 just has a place at all times. I pull the trigger and whatever I am shooting at falls down, no drama, no short mad dash, just drt, the 6.5-284 has made a few more spectacular kills, and the 45-70 Encore (thumper is his name) is rather ruthless as well.:D

My favorite, and the one I would have if I could only have one for everything, is the 7mm Rem mag. I'm having a custom Sendero built this winter. The goal is to break the half-mile mark on Marmots, and it will go elk hunting after that.

I have many favorites like most guys on here depending on what I'm
Hunting for. But if I had to choose just one then it'd be my 270wsm. I've killed everything from small game like bob cats to medium game like mule deer. All have dropped in their tracks no tracking needed! Hands down 270wsm all the way

I have many favorites like most guys on here depending on what I'm
Hunting for. But if I had to choose just one then it'd be my 270wsm. I've killed everything from small game like bob cats to medium game like mule deer. All have dropped in their tracks no tracking needed! Hands down 270wsm all the way

Well you have to change your name now then ;)

Such a hard question. Depending on what I am doing, I would have a different answer. If was going to pick one, 17 rem fireball. That little pin shooter is the most accurate rifle in my safe.

Favorite CALIBER would be hard for me to choose between 7mm and 338.

For chambering, since this is LONG RANGE HUNTING, it would be either my 7mm Allen Magnum or 338 Allen Magnum.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.