Favorite Brass

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Mr.Moa, May 10, 2011.

1. Mr.Moa

Mr.Moa Well-Known Member

Whats you favorite brass to reload or what brand gives you the best accuracy? mine is nosler custom brass

2. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

I've always used Norma and Win. However, today I bought some Nosler brass. Yesterday I ordered some Lapua. I have a feeling my .243 is going to be happy.

3. rscott5028

rscott5028 Well-Known Member

From my experience....
    1=Lapua
    2=Norma
    3=Nosler

The rest can be just fine. But, you may have to sift through a lot more cases to get uniform lots.

Also, I like Nosler because it's basically "ready to load". However, I got a couple of boxes with a lot of runout. I complained and Nosler replaced them without blinking.

-- richard

4. Oliveralan

Oliveralan Well-Known Member

1. Lapua
    2. Winchester

I have acquired some "rarer than hen's teeth" RWS brass for my .308win F-T/R rifle, and also have some for my 300 ackley IMP coming. Will have too see how that stacks up against the Lapua.

5. Buffalobob

Buffalobob Writers Guild

Midway had a sale of loaded RWS 308 ammo that was cheaper than raw brass. I had a friend who got 80 rounds and fired it in his barrel so I am now 80 round to the good on RWS brass.

6. Oliveralan

Oliveralan Well-Known Member

BB,
    Yes that's where I got my .308 win brass. Also a buddy of mine in Germany bought just under 3 tonnes of once fired rws, norma, and another euro headstamp brass. Mixed in basically all calumets. He paid just over raw material prices for it! Got it from a gun manufacturer that used the ammo to zero and test fire rifles before being shipped.
    He is going to give me brass when I go visit home in the summer.

7. hammertyme

hammertyme Well-Known Member

RWS hands down- Never lost a case!

Nosler seems fine for domestic stuff. SHooting 300 RUM and Edge with the Nosler but I am not pushing it like I can with RWS.

Neal

8. R.Ph. 380

R.Ph. 380 Member

Bought 300 pieces of Lapua in 308 from a nice Canadian recently. He was worried that a few weren't completely tarnish free. Man that stuff is nice. Every piece is just like every other piece and loads sooooo easy. When the Dr lets me go back to the range, I've already got several different test loadings set up for evaluation.

Bill

9. Broz

Broz Well-Known Member

Lapua!!

10. newmexkid

newmexkid Well-Known Member

My first batch of Lapua brass was shipped yesterday!!!