Favorite bipod/shooting supports?

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by CC268, May 11, 2014.

1. CC268

CC268 Well-Known Member

I just thought I would ask what your guys' favorite bipod/shooting supports are for some hunting and long range target shooting?

I have a BlackHawk Sportster 13"-23" as I need something that will work for both the prone and sitting position for hunting. To be honest I wish I would have got a Harris, as the BlackHawk seems a bit heavy and I don't care for the traverse feature that much. I know some people like those shooting sticks as well.

The Stoney Point quick detachable bipod looks awesome as well, but the sizes are really weird.

2. CC268

CC268 Well-Known Member

Anyone?

3. dragman

dragman Well-Known Member

I use the Sinclair tactical for everything that is remotely long. To be honest though I only ever shoot off my portable bench with my stool or once in a blue moon prone off the ground.
    I like the harris on light guns that I carry

4. Bigcat_hunter

Bigcat_hunter Well-Known Member

Atlas bi-pod for me.

5. DeerHunter101

DeerHunter101 Well-Known Member

For zeroing at the bench I use a gunvise. In the field I use a 6''-9'' Harris with a sandbag to support the rear of the rifle.

6. CC268

CC268 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the help guys

7. CC268

CC268 Well-Known Member

Just reading around...seems like a lot of people prefer sticks over a bipod...

8. Outlaw6.0

Outlaw6.0 Well-Known Member

Atlas all the way, I do run Harris as well but personally, I feel I can get a more consistent load on the Atlas. I use the tall Harris for Coyote hunting etc but I am not nearly as stable with it as I am proned out with Bag/Bipod.

6.5 Range Day - USO(1).jpg

t

9. dragman

dragman Well-Known Member

anyone else ever shoot the Sinclair tactical???

10. CC268

CC268 Well-Known Member

Atlas is very nice, but way too expensive for someone like me. I think at this point it looks like a Harris or Stoney Point is probably the way to go. Also giving some sticks a shot may be worth a try.

11. kingzero

kingzero Well-Known Member

Atlas.

12. mtwarych

mtwarych Well-Known Member

I like the shooting sticks. I feel they are way more adjustable with changing terrain situations and they don't attach to the rifle. I think a good set of sticks with the proper practice with them will cover more situations where extra support is needed.