Fathers day came early...hehehe

boorme

Well first off, Hello all.
Been reading this forum for a little while now, seems like there's a lot of knowledge here. Anyway heres my story. My wife fiqured I'v been a good boy lately (not to sure where she got that from) but here we are at wholesale sports and I ask the fellow at the counter "gee by chance have you got a remington 700 xcr in .308" he grabs one from the back and as I'm putting it to my shoulder I look over at my pregnent wife expecting to see that dull stare (forget it mister). But no....wait she gets up, walks over and says WOW thats a nice rifle. I say, ummm....would you like to hold it. She looks it over and then gives me a little wink and says fathers day is comeing. Half an hour later and I'm the owner of a remington 700 xcr. So I'm feeling pretty lucky and the next day we're in Edmonton and we head over to P&D to try and find some power. O.K. this is where I started to get worried, I say well I can't just put any old scope on the rifle and she says "Get whatever you want". (I'm looking around the store like I'v gone crazy and ask her gee lady have you seen my wife) Luckely they had just what I wanted. Leupold Mark4 LR/T 6.5-20 X50. Now I just need to spend some more time reading my reloading manual and work up a safe load.:) Hope everyone has as good of a fathers day as me......now what do I get my dad....geez:D

Which trimester are ya in? The hormones must really be messed up.:D

We had 8 pregnancies and that never happened to me.:rolleyes:

Oh, and don't attempt any jokes during the labor thing. It really doesn't help. That's about when she'll want to use that nifty rifle on you.gun)

Great first post.

Enjoy life, it really is fun.

We're just at the tail end of the second trimester, due October 2nd I'm very excited. Yeah I can't wait to get out to the range and see how well the 700 performs, This is my first rifle of this style. From what I understand the Remington 700 is a fairly decent action and can be quite acurate right out of the box. I'm sure I won't be dissapointed.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts