Father And Son Antelope Hunt

ADMIN

Administrator
"Don't F@$&!#% move!" I yelled in a whisper to my dad as the antelope doe stared at us from about 75 yards away. We had just crested over a slight rise and my dad was scanning up the draw to our right as we came over. Antelope in this terrain seem to be able to hide in the gentlest of depressions and the antelope directly in front of us were no exception. The herd numbered around 20 and thankfully it was very early in the morning, opening day of antelope season in Montana. The antelope were not yet as skittish as they would be by the end of the day. As my father and I crested the slight rise that hid the herd we had come over at the perfect moment, while they all had their heads down feeding. Read More...
This is a thread for discussion of the article, Father And Son Antelope Hunt, By Nicholas Gebhardt. Here you can ask questions or make comments about the article.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.