Farrell Base on a 110Fp.

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by Scott E, Apr 5, 2004.

1. Scott E

Scott E Member

Anyone shooting a Savage 110fp with a farrell base? If so did you bed the base before attaching it? I just recieved my farrell base and was reading the Instructions and suggestions it says to bed the base. Since I'm just getting started with the long range shooting I want to make sure I do it right. Thanks for your time.
    Scott

2. fmsniper

fmsniper Well-Known Member

I have one that needed the bedding and one that did not, they both shoot great

3. JustC

JustC Well-Known Member

error on the side of caution (often read more money) in the long range game. My Farrel is dead nutz on a sako action (rem contour) with no bedding,...but then sako has a way of machining things correctly.

I say bed it,...and shoot it.

4. Tom Collins

Tom Collins New Member

I'm shooting a 110fp with the farrell base. I ended up bedding mine. I just filled the bottom of the base with JB weld using at tooth pick to make sure there was no trapped air. Then I put it on the reciever and alternately tightened the screws and cleaned the excess JB off the reciever. I didn't tighten the base fully like this, just snug. I sprayed the screws with welders anti-spatter to keep the JB from sticking in the threads.

After a couple days of dry time, I torqued it down with an inch/lb torque wrench. It hasn't cracked or moved since I did this(about 100 .308 rounds later).

5. Scott E

Scott E Member

Thanks for the reply's guy's I will bed it and shoot it.