Family Values

Buffalobob

Taking care of their young

Condors can live up to 60 years. They usually reach maturity when they're 6 to 7 years old. When they reach that age, they choose a mate that they'll remain with for the rest of their life.

Condors lay a single egg on the floor of a small cave or crevice on the side of a cliff. Both parents help incubate the egg. It takes about 56 days for the egg to hatch.

After the egg hatches, the young condor will remain in its cave for about two to three months. Then it will venture out, but it won't fledge (take its first flight) until it's five or six months old.

The young condor's parents will take care of it for a full year, and sometimes even longer. Because of their devotion to their young, the condor pair may nest every two years instead of every year.

Utah Division of Wildlife Resources

Maybe they are Republicans.

If I fall over dead tomorrow, I will be happy with my life and the work I have done. I love fighting for the underdog and beating long odds. We were laughing at dinner tonight that the last two corn cob holders that my wife brought to the marriage 33 years ago were still working. Being liberal treehuggers naturally, I did the cooking. It is funny, but I must be going blind because I do not see a 60 year old woman sitting across the table from me. She still looks 25. Maye we are condors.

You're probably right. If they were Democrats, it would probably read like this:

Condors can live up to 60 years. They usually reach maturity when they're 6 to 7 years old. When they reach that age, they'll have sex with any other condors that happen to be flying around that day - sometimes the male condors will even try to pair up with another male. Rarely are they seen together after mating.

Condors lay a ton of eggs on the floor of a small cave or crevice on the side of a cliff, or really anywhere they happen to be. Neither parent helps incubate any of the eggs. Instead, they rely on the Government to supply incubators, and all the needed care to hatch the eggs. It takes about 56 days for the egg to hatch during which time, the condors have been enjoying all manner of Government supplied food and nesting habitat.

80% of young condors are born to single condor "families". The female condor alone rears the young, as the male condors are too busy having sex with all the other condors to participate in this activity.

Maybe we should amend the constitution to allow condors the right to vote.

If you ignore their dietary habits they seem like really solid citizens to me.

You're probably right. If they were Democrats, it would probably read like this:

Condors can live up to 60 years. They usually reach maturity when they're 6 to 7 years old. When they reach that age, they'll have sex with any other condors that happen to be flying around that day - sometimes the male condors will even try to pair up with another male. Rarely are they seen together after mating.

Condors lay a ton of eggs on the floor of a small cave or crevice on the side of a cliff, or really anywhere they happen to be. Neither parent helps incubate any of the eggs. Instead, they rely on the Government to supply incubators, and all the needed care to hatch the eggs. It takes about 56 days for the egg to hatch during which time, the condors have been enjoying all manner of Government supplied food and nesting habitat.

80% of young condors are born to single condor "families". The female condor alone rears the young, as the male condors are too busy having sex with all the other condors to participate in this activity.

Good one

My wife hasn't aged in my eyes or heart either. Although it's only been twenty years, looks prettier now than ever, and NO she's not looking over my shoulder either. We just moved to WY and this is the first time here face has been tan since leaving Germany, what a cutie.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.