Fallow Deer hunt downunder

Rocketeer77

270 Tikka with 140gr partition @ 2,800 fps MV taken at just over 200 yards by my son. The IMR powder is a bit slow but at that distance it's not an issue. Public land and permits are free.
imagejpeg_0.jpeg
imagejpeg_0.jpeg

IMR 4350 in my 7-08 is slow but very accurate and the distances I shoot that load at (max 300) not an issue. Nice kill and bullet performance. Where did you locate bullet. Great to see you hunting with your son!
Cut the heart in half parked him on the offside, stopped on the spot, humane kill. He's with friends on this trip, while I am working 🤯

According to various parties they're very tasty, that seems to be a common opinion. The only US deer found here are White Tail and Elk.
Good to hear…I thought maybe you were on a trip to hunt from the U.S. - We only have them here on private ranches.

Good to hear…I thought maybe you were on a trip to hunt from the U.S. - We only have them here on private ranches.
All deer here with the exception of Elk are considered pests, you can hunt them pretty much year round and the weather being the only consideration.