Factory Ammo

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by LongTime, Sep 26, 2013.

1. LongTime

LongTime Member

I hope someone can help me. After getting the run around for 2 months from double tapp they refunded my money could not fill order. Problem is last year i bought 6 boxes of there ammmo and my rifle loved it. 300WM 200gr accubond 2950fps out of a 24" tube. Could someone give me a handload close to that or better yet a costume maufacturer THANKS

2. el matador

el matador Well-Known Member

Why a costume manufacturer? Are you gonna break in to their factory and load some of your own? :D

I would suggest getting your hands on a chronograph and trying to duplicate the velocity of the Doubletap stuff with a handload. A quick search of this site turned up a possible recipe:
    http://www.longrangehunting.com/forums/f28/200-grain-accubond-loads-300-win-mag-47545/#post320351

It would also help if you could load them to the same depth as the factory stuff since the amount of jump to the lands can affect accuracy quite a bit. Measure one if you have any left, or maybe Doubletap would be kind enough to tell you the specs on their loads.

3. MudRunner2005

MudRunner2005 Well-Known Member

Why would you need a costume designer? Are you starring in a theatrical production of "Shooter"? :D