• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED F/S: Rem 700 280AI, McMillan A3

zingdingo

For Sale:

Rem 700 280AI
26" fluted varmint contour Shilen barrel
McMillan A3 stock, 65% red / 35% black (off SU35's el diablo)
NICE Timney trigger
BDL bottom metal
150 280AI R-P brass
Redding 280AI dies

I got the barrel used, and have put 650 rounds down it. It never shot consistently in the .2's or .3's for me like I hoped when I built it, but I could always get a regular 3/4 MOA out of it. When I shot up the last batch of rounds I had loaded up for it last month I shot an 8 shot group just playing around into the .7's. The barrel isn't fresh but it shoots just like it did when I screwed it on.

It is throated and twisted for heavies. I primarily shot 180 Berger VLD's in it over Reloader 17 @ 2800, and it was a SOFT load. The action is the smoothest 700 action I've ever personally felt.

The stock shows up a little pinker than it actually is in my pictures, and a little redder than it actually is in SU35's pictures on his el diablo thread. I'd say split the difference. It came bedded, I ground out the recoil lug and barrel pad area and re-bedded it specific to this barreled action.

It isn't especially heavy, with 30mm Talleys and a 20 oz scope like a 3.5-10x40 Mark 4 or a 10xHD SWFA SS it goes right about 10 lbs.

Includes the three boxes of brass I used with it and a set of Redding dies.

$1100 shipped, individual to FFL only, USPS MO only