• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED F/S - Custom Rifle from CPR

DB Bill

Custom Lazzeroni Short-Action Patriot (30-cal) built by John Lewis of Carolina Precision Rifles.

The rifle weighs 6 lbs 14oz and was built using the following components.

1) McMillan MCR-T Stainless Steel Action
2) Sunny Hill Stainless Steel Bottom Metal
3) Lazzeroni Stainless Steel Magazine Box & Follower
4) Remington Trigger
5) 24" Pac-Nor Stainless Steel Match Grade Gain-Twist Barrel That Was Bead-Blasted, Fluted & Coated The Metal.
6) Vais Muzzle Brake With Cap (Countoured to Barrel)
7) McMillan Sporter Stock (Bedded)

It will ship with a set of factory dies, 100 pieces of new brass, 2 boxes (100 bullets) of 180gr Nosler Partitions, a partial box of factory ammo and a couple of 1x-fired cases.

Not interested in any trades just cash --- if interested make me an offer.
Contact via e-mail please. dbbillATverizonDOTnet

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0174.jpg

Last edited:
John Lewis does great work. All of the barrels (8) he has chambered and installed for me will shoot in the zeros when the nut behind the trigger does the job. If I were to get a barrel re-chambered, installed or just a new barrel installed, he would do it.

James

John Lewis does great work. All of the barrels (8) he has chambered and installed for me will shoot in the zeros when the nut behind the trigger does the job.

James

I'm guessing that you must hold several WORLD RECORDS with those barrels. Heck, wide open groups in the 1's seem to take home the bacon around here. :>)

I'm guessing that you must hold several WORLD RECORDS with those barrels. Heck, wide open groups in the 1's seem to take home the bacon around here. :>)

No world records. Don't need any to have fun. Don't actually compete anymore (for now). He has just done some very good work on all my barrels for my custom actions. Just because the guns will shoot in the zeros does not mean you have to compete with it. None of them are chambered in competition type cartridges anyway..... No reason to burn out barrels to get your ego stroked. However, I do like to shoot my Don Powell rail gun occassionally. It is also a good scope checker.

Now when the new Dasher gets on line.............

James

Last edited by a moderator:

These are larger chamberings (30 STW (2), 25-06 AI, 6x284, 338 RUM, 338 Lapua Improved, 30/378 Weatherby, 6.5x285, 30/338 Lapua imp). Again, the barrels are not chambered in anything that you would want to shoot say three or four sighters and then five record shots. At this point, I have no desire to send some barrel makers son, daughter, wife grandmother, or whatever to Hawaii for the year. The 5000 acre place we have for hunting keeps me very busy. I don't even have the time to shoot in the local matches. Barrel throat life would not be that long and you would not want to be on the next bench to me with these muzzle brakes rattling your brains every time I pulled the trigger.... Thew 6PPC and 6BR are loud enough for me. Know what I mean??????? However, I still enjoy shooting my Don Powell rail gun and if you can't shoot/tune that dude in the zeros, you need to give up shooting and go fish. It also doubles as a good scope checker.

I am sure you realize that competitive shooting involves much more than shooting good groups and having good equipment. You have to be able to shoot against the best shooters in the worst conditions that one would see on the range. I don't waste my time or resources shooting in poor conditions at this time. It just serves no purpose for me as I am more of a research shooter and long range hunter at this point. I really enjoy doing the research shooting and bullet testing. However, if you came down and brought some of those yankee dollars with you, you could show me how it is done and I may even be inclined to shoot some for fun at my private 1000 yard range. I would even let you set up one wind flag. Let me know if you are so inclined and we can set up a date and time.

It is obvious to me that you have never had the opportunity to shoot in the sanitary conditions that I have available to me. Anyway, we are off track...... John Lewis is a gunsmith that can build them better than you can shoot......... If you have the proper setup and cannot get them into the zeros in very good conditions, again, try fishing.

Heck, my old factory Wichita Sillywet Pistol will shoot them into the zeros sometime. Not that big of a deal with the right equipment and conditions.

James

Last edited by a moderator:
CPR Rifle For Sale

Guys we're getting off-track here....rememer this is a post just trying to sell a rifle.

CPR builds rifles that are typically more accurate than many can take advantage of especially using full-power loads with hunting bullets --- can we leave it at that and leave the snide comments at the front door.