• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED F/S 338 RUM Sendero-Updated

kfrye

Guys,

Starting a new build and need to part with my 338 RUM. Gun is sitting in a B&C A5, has been fully accurized by RW Hart. Rifle also has a Vais brake, Sako extractor, Hart one piece rings and VX-III 8.5-25 Rifle has 120 rounds down the tube. Bore was cleaned every 10-12 shots. Shoots 250 SMK's great. Group is at 100 yards.

Will send rifle with once and twice fired brass and Redding Dies.
Also willing to split rifle and scope up. $1600 rifle/rings only/$2200 for package

Gun is like new, never hunted with. Selling to build Allen Mag.

Gun will ship in aluminum case fully insured. Now listed on gunbroker- discounted for LRH members.

http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/remingtontrap/PA310235.jpg
http://i125.photobucket.com/albums/p59/remingtontrap/PA310239.jpg

Last edited:
Re: F/S 338 RUM Sendero

Got to thinking a little more about this rifle and and I forgot to initially post this.

Round count on the gun is 150- I bought the rifle used with 50 through it, and I have put 100 through it myself trying different loads. It liked the load in the group best, or I shot that one the best at least. I kept many of the different loads written down on the target with the group for the buyer. Barrel is a factory Remington, I believe they came with 1 in 10 twists, standard for the 338. I sent the rifle to Bobby Hart and had him hand lap the bore, recut the crown, adjust the trigger, mounted, shimmed, and hand lapped his one piece rings, and skim bedded the B&C stock. The rifle is turn key, all you'll need are dies and components, I'll send the brass I shot out of it with the rifle.

I probably should hang onto it, but I can always build another. The Allen will be a once in a lifetime deal, probably.

I will be out of town until Wednesday night in case you want more pictures. I shot Accubonds, some 200 grain Ballistic Tips, 225 gr Interbonds, and 250 gr. SMKs through the gun to give you an idea of what has been shot through it. Accubonds did not group bad, but I was expecting the rifle to shoot like a benchrest gun. The 250 SMK's shot the best and I wasn't crazy about the BT's.

Would you be interested in selling the barreled action or do you have the HS stock it came with? You can PM me the details!

Rifle is still for sale- willing to split barreled action/stock/scope. Prefer to sell barreled action with rings. I am trying to come up with an HS stock to make rifle a 'stock' Sendero again. Asking $1250 for barreled action alone-including rings. Still have invoices for work.