F-class questions.

banjo318

Hello all, i am getting a remington 700 sps varmint in .308. I am replacing the stock (i hate how flexible they are, i have shot a friends 22-250 remmy 700 sps varmint.) I was just wondering, i know a rearward rest is allowable in f-tr, but what about open class? Im not investing 1000 dollars into this gun, 850 at the most (500 for the rifle, 200 for a stock, and 150 in the glass, Dont worry about the scope im using, ive used this scope before and it works wonders at up to and including 1 mile. Very thin reticle, and 10-40 magnification, its no nightforce or huskewman, but it gets the job done)

Thanks for any replies, Dylan.

You can use a bipod and/or sling for F-T/R and a mechanical rest for open. Both allow for a rear bag. From the NRA regs.

(b)
F-Class Target Rifle (F-T/R) Rests - A bipod and/or sling are the only allowed front supports for the F-T/R rifle. The rifle may be supported by a bipod and/or sling and a rear support which provide no positive mechanical method for returning it to its precise point of aim for the prior shot.

(a)

F-Class Open Rifle (F-O) - The rifle may be supported by any means which provide no positive mechanical method for returning it to its precise point of aim for the prior shot. Subject to:

(1) No more than two rests may be used. If two rests are employed, they may not be attached to each other.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.