Extra Activities????

WMWW

I know this really isnt the site for this but was wondering if anyone knew if there are any extra activities in the Casper area. We will be down there for a week in a half and was hoping we'd be able to do something else. Thats if we can score on some goats. We were thinking some kind of fishing or small gamehunting. If someone could let me know if there a site or just give us some kind of direction that would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance,
WMWW

The North Platte River below Grey Reef Reservoir is a trophy trout stream with a minimum size of about 20 inches or so and artificials only. People will rent you rafts or boats or guide you.

There are plenty of coyotes to be hunted.

There is also fishing in Alcova, Pathfinder, and Seminoe Reservoirs. Kortes Dam and Miracle Mile (on the Platte, between Seminoe and Pathfinder) is a pretty popular spot for fly fishing.

There is a fair amount of public land west and south of Casper. Some good coyote hunting in alot of areas..........or used to be. I haven't hunted around Casper for 3 or 4 years now.

Hey thanks alot guys, just what we were hopeing to do. Sounds like we'll being getting tags so we can shoot some yotes. Does antone know if there are any prairie dogs around the Casper area????

Hey thanks alot guys, just what we were hopeing to do. Sounds like we'll being getting tags so we can shoot some yotes. Does antone know if there are any prairie dogs around the Casper area????

East of Casper is where you'll find the most prarie dogs, or used to anyway.

Hat Six rd then south, mostly private land though. Permission may be tough with big game season on?? There also used to be quite a few further east toward Glenrock, but same situation.

I never found many prarie dogs on public land near Casper.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.