external ballistics software

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by bucknutz, Dec 5, 2004.

1. bucknutz

bucknutz Well-Known Member

getting better at 500yds.want santa to bring an external program,looking at exbal.$70.00 for newest.anybody recomend others?.i reload,have crony and looking to graph trajectories for several calibers,and use click adjustments.want to shoot farther...

2. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

3. bucknutz

bucknutz Well-Known Member

thank you for the post.i will check those sites later today.just need simple for now

4. jayd4wg

jayd4wg New Member

http://www.freewarepalm.com/

search for Sharpshooters friend. it's wonderful, and free. it maintains a database of your loads and rifles. I use it with a sony Clie at the range and have found it to be easy to use, and accuate.

5. royinidaho

royinidaho Writers Guild

I've been using a windoze thing called Point Blank. Was ok but..............

Found a spreadsheet thing at some Canadian think tank or somewhere. Seemed pretty good besides being free.

Use it pretty much exclusively.

do a google on ballisticsComputer.xls or go to www.snipersparadise.com/download/BallisticsComputer.xls

Tracked it down from a source on this forum but can't recall exactly where.

6. danacobb

danacobb Well-Known Member

I would reccomend Exbal

7. ricka0

ricka0 Well-Known Member

Can you supply a link. I'm sure it doesn't use a *real* DB either - I was using the computer science defn of DB. "Shoot V3" stores your loads in the registry - not a real DB.

It looks like if one could find this program, it runs only only hairy palm tops.

8. jayd4wg

jayd4wg New Member

Code:

I tried to link it before, but the software here does not like the parens. :shrug:

copy paste and enjoy.

Yes, it only runs on palms, but there is a pocketPC version someplace on the net too. I dn't have a pocketPC or i would have more info for that version.

How much of a DB do you need? It keeps track of the rifle (zero range, and the atmospheric conditions at time of zero) and the loads (bullet diameter, MV, Ballistic Coeff.) what else do you want? it does NOT make pretty graphs showing your curve over distance...it does not create reports to tape to your stock. it DOES tell you where to aim at the time of the shot.

9. jayd4wg

jayd4wg New Member

damn the double post... [​IMG]

[ 12-06-2004: Message edited by: JasonB ]