Exit wounds *pics*

Charles A

I had a post going but it got deleted with the new forum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif So I'm starting a new one.

I figure this could be a real help in showing newbies, or people that think SMK's "pencil right through" in what really happens with match bullets.

Any pics you have of exit wounds using MATCH BULLETS please post. Just put what range, caliber and wieght, bullet type, and angle.

The first

308yds 220gr SMK 300tommy DOTS(droped on the spot)

HoleinOne.jpg

302yds 220gr SMK 300tommy crashed about three feet then fell

Ambers8ptexit302yds220grMKTommy.jpg

290yds 220SMK 300tommy ran in a circle for about 40yds then fell.

Bensexit290yds220grSMK.jpg

Same deer guted

Bensdoeexit.jpg

720yds 178gr AMAX 300winmag DOTS

0004814-R1-007-2.jpg

Inside of same deer as above.

Charlesdoeat720circled.jpg

250yds 220SMK 300tommy DOTS

DDsdeerat250.jpg

250yds 220SMK 300tommy shot facing bullet traveled length of body recovered in left hindqourter. DOTS

Logansdeer250yrd300tcircled.jpg

170yds 178gr AMAX 300winmag DOTS

TGdaydoe170yds178AMAX.jpg

60yds 178gr AMAX 300winmag DOTS

Scan0012_0012.jpg

A VERY BAD SHOT. 40yds 178gr AMAX 300winmag ran about 100yds.
Scan0011_0011.jpg

262yds 220SMK 300winmag. DOTS

Scan0010_0010.jpg

This one wierd. I shot this doe the evening before in the neck. You can see the exit hole(about 3in). I did not find her untill the next morning, and truthfully I didn't know if it was the same deer untill I shot her. I was following the blood trail when she jumped out her bed, quite alive, and seeming non the worse for the wear. She did not survive the second shot. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif First shot 280yds, second, 87yds. 190grSMK 300winmag. Second shot was DOTS.

Scan0009_0009.jpg

40yds 300winmag 190SMK. DOTS.

Scan0001_0001.jpg

110yds 190SMK 300winmag ran almost TWO HUNDRED YARDS with that shot, even though there was nothing left inside. Just liquid /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Blood trail looked like a horror movie.

Scan0006_0006.jpg

110yds 190SMK 300winmag
Scan0007_0007.jpg

And my favorite. The biggest hole of them all. 19 inches long 9 inches wide /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. Quarting to me shot entered point of left shoulder, exited... Well you see where it exited. Crappy picture I know. It was taken two days later after it had been hanging(still was) and drying(shrinking) at the time of the kill it was bigger /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif. 35yds 190SMK 300winmag. DOTS

Scan0014_0014.jpg

I've got more when I can get them put on a cd I'll post them.

If you have any questions just ask. If you any pictures please post. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[image]http://www.fototime.com/E27DF167844D1B8/standard.jpg[/image]

This is a test posting of an image file.

standard.jpg

Charles, edit your post above to delete the images. Then, put them back in the post.

Well you got yours working. I took out the [image] from the beginning and end of the URL so at least you can look at them, however if you can fix'um where they show on the post, please do. And let me know how you did it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif.

Charles, I had to change something in the control panel. So...if you edit your post one more time...this time use the original 'Image' method again as did I.

That last neck wound is why I don't like neck shots at all. You either have to hit perfect center or get super lucky and by missing low catch the blood pipelines. OR cut the esophagus and or windpipe and let the deer suffer a slow death from infection. Or you go high and have a superficial wound that normally heals just fine.

Add all those errors to a center lung shot and they all become certain kills.

Some of those exit wounds are HUGE. And one wonders with a wound like that some run, with pin holes others drop. Just depends on the situation.

Another good photo is of the spine snapped. Look at it from the outside and the shot is not super high. Shows how low the spine sits. Especially when going into the neck. Lots of non vital tissue above the spine. Especially for arrows.

Now that I know that the SMK can open that violently, I'm gonna stay away from them. If you would hit anything other than ribs you may have no deer left.

Thanks for the info.

Jeff

Rost495, everything you said is absulutly correct. I VERY RARELY aim for the neck. In fact the shot you mention I did not mean to hit the neck, the deer had its head down, facing me a little more then I thought /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif.

Gerard, Just how big is a blesbuck? It looks to be in the 150lb range, like a small-medium whitetail. What type of bullet were you using?
Thanks,
Rick

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.