Executive orders

Joe King

I realize this isn't related to firearms or the 2nd. But it does contribute to the problem that has our guns and 2nd under attack. My son is trying to get into Job-corps.

What I just found out, one of the executive orders that Obummer made, cuts some of the funding to this program. Job-corp is very often a last chance for our youth that have made very bad mistakes, that have resulted in loosing oportunities, it is a last chance to learn a marketable skill that will allow those youth to have the chance at a decent life.

Maybe I'm just seeing this all wrong but if you want to help solve the problem that exists with those that have no chance, and end up making choices that are violent, and disruptive to your immediate community. Shouldn't you keep those opportunities open to give them the chance to make that vital change?

He wants our youth to collect unemployment and sit at home and play Xbox. You see where that's got us.

The days of a bus pass and some pocket change are gone. Keep him busy.

This is the basic flaw with "executive orders"whether you are the President of the country or the president of a company. The collateral damage is not evident, or shows up too late. These orders are usually driven by individual ego, self interest, or ideology, not a thorough analysis of the problem. I feel bad for your son. I hope he works out his problem.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.