Excellent news about Coppermelt!

goodgrouper

I just recieved word that Coppermelt is back in business for good indefinetly and they figured out why pressure buildup was forming and why bottles were leaking occasionally. Turns out that the plastic lining of the bottles sometimes ruptured thus spilling out some fluid and over time, the fluid built up pressure. The manufacturer of the bottle guaranteed this would not happen but they were wrong. So, Mr. Hunter has now got a line on a new plastic bottle manufacturer minus the liner. It will guarantee that no leaks will happen and no pressure build up will occur. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

He also has learned about the few accidents that happened while Payson Sports and Trophy tried to ship Coppermelt nationwide and has offered to replace the damaged goods with a DOUBLE ORDER! Great news indeed.

Can't wait to get my hands on the new bottle! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

That's good news, goodgrouper. I was not able to get their webpage to work but still good news!

That is good news. I will be looking forward to getting some of the new bottles myself. I just received 3 bottles thanks to a couple of members here. They know who they are and I thank you once again!!
Thanks for the update GG!!

GOOdgrouper: I like yourselve have some of the original bottles left, do you think we should transfer them to a new plastic bottle? Do you have any advise or advise from manufacture? Preacher

Thanks for that update. I just received the replacement bottle of Coppermelt from Payson Sports. It leaked a little bit in transit, but at least it didn't completely leak out like the first one. So, are you saying this guy is willing to replace this bottle with the new one you mentioned? If so, how would I contact him? The internet site doesn't work.

Yes, he will replace the bottle that broke and there was mention of a double repayment.

He can't be contacted directly so you will just need to get a hold of Payson again in a few weeks to see about a new plastic bottle replacement.

The internet site will probably get fixed but not for awhile yet.

Honest question for you coppermelt guys:

Does anyone know what is actually in this stuff? Cause remember, it is made in canada, it doesnt have to comform to US standards for safety...

It would be nice to get some facts from the maker regarding safety testing -- anyone have good contact info for the guy since the site is STILL down?

Thanks,
JB

[ QUOTE ]
Honest question for you coppermelt guys:

Does anyone know what is actually in this stuff? Cause remember, it is made in canada, it doesnt have to comform to US standards for safety...

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, Canada has pretty strict safety rules. But neither the US nor Canada require toxicity data on solvents....

I had some lab friends run some tests, and they can't figure out the enzyme involved. Nor can they figure out how the ammonia doesn't wipe the enzyme out. Must be magic (or incompetent lab rat friends).

jb I will look around to see if I still have the sheet that came with an order I got from brownells when they stocked it. It was an MSDS ( material safety data sheet ) it listed reactivity and other things but I don't remember any of it off the top of my head.
Has anyone else received one of these sheets when they ordered coppermelt from brownells or any other place? If so feel free to chime in.

jb I have not found my sheet but my friend johnnyk who is a member here got one with his order and maybe he still has it lying around. Hopefuly he will read this and chime in. If not I will call and ask him.

GG - Does the press buildup/leaking hurt the product performance? I have a new bottle that did not leak and has not been opened yet and I was given a bottle by the local sportsmans wharehouse cause it leaked and they couldn't sell it. The same place I purchased my original bottle. The free bottle seems to work just fine. I was just curious if the press /leaking hindered it at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.