Exbal or Nightforce Software

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by Capt Academy, May 21, 2008.

1. Capt Academy

Capt Academy Well-Known Member

Which software is best. I know they are basically the same, but which one is more versatile in it's use. Does Exbal have the new NP R-1 reticle. I tried to contact Perry Systems, but could not find a phone number. I do know they are somewhere in Texas? Also, who is a good sponser on this site that might sell either or both softwares? I want one for my PC and PPC.

I will be using a Dell Axim PPC with MW 2003

2. ss7mm

ss7mm Writers Guild

They are the same software. The new Exbal does have the NP-R1 reticle.

You can get the software from either Perry Systems ( ExbalOrderForm ) or from NF at 208.476.9814.

I've dealt with Perry Systems for years and the service and support is great. You can also email them at gperry@perry-systems.com

3. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

As 7mm stated they are same same..

4. Capt Academy

Thank you very much for the info

5. hodgehodge

hodgehodge Active Member

Can you use this software if you Dont have a nightforfe scope?? Im using a leopold m4 8.5-25x mil-dot,so can i still use the Exbal or nightforce??

6. jwp475

jwp475 Well-Known Member

The only section that will not be useful is the reticule analysis. since it is meant for the Nightforce reticules. Trajectory is trajectory no matter the brand of scope.

7. Capt Academy

With the information provided by the above posters, I contacted Perry-Systems by email and then by phone. He was very helpful in explaining the slight differences between Nightforce and Exbal Software. Based on his explanation I am going to get the Exbal software. It appears I can do a little more with other reticles with Exbal. Exbal also now has all Nightforce reticles to include the NP-R-1.

Thanks SS7mm and JWP475 for all your help.