Exbal or LoadBase ?

Thank You Eaglet. Like the other people you have helped by sharing your time and knowledge I appreciate it.

Question about LB. Even though I save and update my tracks. When I choose the rifle / bullet I am using from the saved track in my data base. Then when I check it always returns the Latitude to 45 and rifle cant to 6 degrees. This is something LB does automatically even though I saved the track with latitude of 46 and zero cant.

Is this something I should worry about? It bothers me that it may affect my solution if I dont go to that page and catch it.

Jeff

Thank You Eaglet. Like the other people you have helped by sharing your time and knowledge I appreciate it.

Question about LB. Even though I save and update my tracks. When I choose the rifle / bullet I am using from the saved track in my data base. Then when I check it always returns the Latitude to 45 and rifle cant to 6 degrees. This is something LB does automatically even though I saved the track with latitude of 46 and zero cant.

Is this something I should worry about? It bothers me that it may affect my solution if I dont go to that page and catch it.

Jeff

Jeff, you're quite right.

There is certain data that LB3 will not save given the fact that some particular data will never be the same, like

f9jqc5.jpg
2cda1eh.jpg

Latitude, Cant, etc. to prevent possible errors. As an example, when we use Coriolis, we need Latitude, Azimuth and Distance... These three will never be the same.

Bottom line, it's best to have the values it defaults to than having our own values and then forget to change them.

Another thing to remember, (we can see it towards the bottom of the left pic), if the check boxes are unchecked as in the picture, the values saved will not be used. That's why I don't worry about the Cant value of 6, just doesn't make any difference since is always unchecked (for now).

And... Jeff, you're welcome, it's a pleasure to do anything for that which was created in God's own image.

In reference to knowledge is just mostly finding it which I like to do.

Have a great day.

Eaglet, I would find it very use full to have the target parameters save to an object in the data base so that when I pull up to a range or a spot I shoot frequently I can pull up my track, pull up say the 1030 yrd gong and have the latitude, and azimuth and slope for that target. I would think that would be fuller data set than what is currently saved in the object data base.

Thank You Eaglet. As hunting season nears the end I am thinking of what I can do to make my Long Range shooting abilities better and more consistant for next season. Also I am eager to stretch out my efective range even further and realize I May need to look into more applied envirmental condition to a program for extemded long range. I have signed up for one of the Defensive Edge Classes this summer. I hope to learn more on the reading and applying conditiond. In a word "WIND" the 4 letter "W" word. Also, Eaglet, you have inspired me, or "beat it into my head" to take another look at LB3.0. So this summer my field practise sessons will be with 3 ballist programs. My tried and true Exbal, LB3.0 which I need to have all the updates done on, and I will upgrade my phone and kestrel to allow me to use the "Shooter" program and blue tooth.

I hope to keep my fustration level to a minimum and I hope you all still talk to me afterwards.:)

Thanks!

Jeff gun)gun)

Great article guys. Im useing JBM right kow but am looking to get into a PPC calc in the off season. I was planning on using Exbal but after reading this article I may go with Loadbase. Couple questions though. Will Loadbase work on my Axim x30? And is it really benifficial to have a desktop version as well as a portable? I dont mind fiddling around on the Axim if its gonna save me $50. Thanks in advance,
Jordan

Great article guys. Im useing JBM right kow but am looking to get into a PPC calc in the off season. I was planning on using Exbal but after reading this article I may go with Loadbase. Couple questions though. Will Loadbase work on my Axim x30? And is it really benifficial to have a desktop version as well as a portable? I dont mind fiddling around on the Axim if its gonna save me $50. Thanks in advance,
Jordan

n3f6.jpg

Last edited:
Thank You Eaglet. As hunting season nears the end I am thinking of what I can do to make my Long Range shooting abilities better and more consistant for next season. Also I am eager to stretch out my efective range even further and realize I May need to look into more applied envirmental condition to a program for extemded long range. I have signed up for one of the Defensive Edge Classes this summer. I hope to learn more on the reading and applying conditiond. In a word "WIND" the 4 letter "W" word. Also, Eaglet, you have inspired me, or "beat it into my head" to take another look at LB3.0. So this summer my field practise sessons will be with 3 ballist programs. My tried and true Exbal, LB3.0 which I need to have all the updates done on, and I will upgrade my phone and kestrel to allow me to use the "Shooter" program and blue tooth.

I hope to keep my fustration level to a minimum and I hope you all still talk to me afterwards.:)

Thanks!

Jeff gun)gun)

That will definitively prove to be interesting! :D

Eaglet, I would find it very use full to have the target parameters save to an object in the data base so that when I pull up to a range or a spot I shoot frequently I can pull up my track, pull up say the 1030 yrd gong and have the latitude, and azimuth and slope for that target. I would think that would be fuller data set than what is currently saved in the object data base.

I understand what you mean!

This is another great thread and I notice that some have some wishes that the software packages could contain.

I can tell you from personal experience that Gus is open to, and encourages, any suggestions that would improve LoadBase. If anyone has an idea I can tell you from past experience that all you need to do is just email Gus and he will be more than happy to listen and look at your idea. Who knows, it may lead to some great improvements in LoadBase.

This is another great thread and I notice that some have some wishes that the software packages could contain.

I can tell you from personal experience that Gus is open to, and encourages, any suggestions that would improve LoadBase. If anyone has an idea I can tell you from past experience that all you need to do is just email Gus and he will be more than happy to listen and look at your idea. Who knows, it may lead to some great improvements in LoadBase.

Excellent point!! If anyone has has LB for a few years they know how many upgrades have been made to it. It is most likely the only software on the market now that is keeping up with the market and responding to it. I've emailed Gus several times and his attention and response was amazing. Also this give LB users the most up to date info on bullets and loads at their finger tips in any software.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.