Ever see a bald eagle do this.

Discussion in 'Waterfowl Hunting' started by joseph, Apr 10, 2012.

1. joseph

joseph Well-Known Member

2. CanuckShooter

CanuckShooter Active Member

All the time in the river in front of our house, they cannot seem to lift off with a 40lb spring salmon. :)

3. joseph floerke

joseph floerke Well-Known Member

i have never even seen one

4. extreme

extreme Well-Known Member

My wife and i saw the very same thing at jenny lake in teton national park in wyoming last year just before my elk hunt. Beautiful and gracful animals

5. jmillo

jmillo Well-Known Member

A few years back late season goose , ice up everywhere but the river mouths. We had a flock of geese come in and proceeded to knock a few down. One bird was hit, but not real hard. It flew out over the lake struggling to stay up until we lost sight. I go out to pick up the birds and see two birds coming in hard and fast.....the wounded goose with a bald eagle on its butt looking to make breakfast. The goose hit the ice full speed, flopping and slid right up into the brush. That eagle hung around a bit, but we got the goose. That eagle flew like a fighter jet and had no qualms about trying to take a full grown greater Canada goose. Awesome birds

6. NONYA

NONYA Banned

Last season we had a single come in on the river and we let it pass because it was just out of range,as it passed us a baldy came out of nowhere and knocked him right out of the sky,unbelievable how fast they can be when they need to.gun)

7. clemens

clemens Well-Known Member

Amazing birds. Great video. Somewhere on you tube I believe is a video of Osprey hunting fish etc. They have no prob picking up huge fish. This Bald eagle is one smart determined bird