Eureka, Montana

In beautiful Deming, NM! 30 miles from the border. All the kids that are legal permanent residents or US citizens but live in Mexico get to cross through the port of entry there in Columbus and get a free ride to Deming in order to go to school in the U.S. And the drug cartels recruit some of these kids to smuggle drugs on their way to school on the bus because they know that we cannot stop the bus and check them because our laws are so awesome.

The schools suck in New Mexico and my kid is 4 years old. New Mexico is almost last place for education and The county that I live in is last in New Mexico for education! So that tells you a little about this place.

In beautiful Deming, NM! 30 miles from the border. All the kids that are legal permanent residents or US citizens but live in Mexico get to cross through the port of entry there in Columbus and get a free ride to Deming in order to go to school in the U.S. And the drug cartels recruit some of these kids to smuggle drugs on their way to school on the bus because they know that we cannot stop the bus and check them because our laws are so awesome.

The schools suck in New Mexico and my kid is 4 years old. New Mexico is almost last place for education and The county that I live in is last in New Mexico for education! So that tells you a little about this place.

Bummer! :(

Now I totally agree with Cullboss! :D

I live about 70 miles south of Eureka. No oil there as it is in NW MT next to the Canada border. Winters are relatively mild. I would say that it is a very nice small town.

Steve

I live about 70 miles south of Eureka. No oil there as it is in NW MT next to the Canada border. Winters are relatively mild. I would say that it is a very nice small town.

Steve
Im with Steve. I live about 60 miles east . I worked on a house for the Hursts that owned the local saw mill which is now shut down. I camped at job site for 1 year. Guy at work shot a bull with my 340 Wby walking from job site.Winters milder than Whitefish, longer growing season. Used to be good muleys in areas near mountains now sufferring.Some bighorn sheep near border.Small town,there snaging kokane salmon right now.

I grew up south of there and eureka is nice country used to be some really nice hunting up there. There are also a few places you had better know someone before you go wandering around in the woods LOL

Overall I think it's like a lot of towns that relied on logging just struggling to survive.

Any of you been over to libby and up the yack to the dirty shame?? One of the coolest bars I have ever been in.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.