encore 7mm 08

Thanks XP maybe hunlee call this man up to talk some.MOA ver nice from picture i see befor.Maybe if hunlee save up money a MOA could be in hunlee future

hunlee

Hunlee,
The MOA is my favorite hunting gun and I also use it in silhouette competition.
Rich is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.

Take care,
Mike

I would like to know where you are buying Brand New 2.5-8 Leupolds for $400. They are way closer to $500. $400 will get you a refurb. As far as the value of the Encore goes I would pc it out. $185+ for the barell $250 for a frame and the Leupold will sell all day long for $300 and depending on what you have for grips another $35-$60 Just what I have sen these sell for on other sites. Hope this helps you out some. Honestly though don't sell the Encore short my 15" would group 139gr Honady sst and rem 140 corloks well under an inch and its a little easier to carry than a bolt gun. Just my .02

For me, I think the Encores work best with short barrels (10-12 inch) and so only look at larger bore pistol calibers like .458, 452, .500 etc. Basically 150 yard hammers. For longer range work I prefer the XP platform of a bolt action. More accurate, easier to tune, etc.
So if you don't have a need for a short range hammer, I'd sell the Encore. Like you said you really only need one gun and the xp will become your favorite I'm sure. I know I love my xp Kirby built in 7 SAUM.

What a bunch of crap.

gravedigger

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts