encore 7mm 08

Discussion in 'Specialty Handgun Hunting' started by dennis, Jan 23, 2008.

1. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

What are the limits to a factory encore in 7mm08? i am waiting for a xp from kirby should i try to make this gun something i like or just sell it? i dont really like how the break open lays on sand bags! i also only need 1 gun but am wondering if i am missing something about this gun.

2. 338hammer

338hammer Well-Known Member

Encore 7-08

Check coyoteguns.com, click on stocks and forends. Click on any picture you want to see a closeup of.

7-08 is a fine round. I re-chambered mine to .284 winchester for another 150fps, depending on bullet weight.

3. dougm

dougm Well-Known Member

For me, I think the Encores work best with short barrels (10-12 inch) and so only look at larger bore pistol calibers like .458, 452, .500 etc. Basically 150 yard hammers. For longer range work I prefer the XP platform of a bolt action. More accurate, easier to tune, etc.
    So if you don't have a need for a short range hammer, I'd sell the Encore. Like you said you really only need one gun and the xp will become your favorite I'm sure. I know I love my xp Kirby built in 7 SAUM.

4. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

what is it worth?

2 years old with a 2.5 - 8 leopold

5. hunlee

hunlee Well-Known Member

7-08 wood make good long ranger for you.Maybe if rite price is out of site for you hunlee can have shot at Encore with scope?You see hunlee is in need of a good long ranger an been thinking about setting up Contender but good Encore not out of question

hunlee

6. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

can anyone tell us what it is worth?

7. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

The gun is worth $450 to $475. The scope is worth asking $300. Some people will pay for a used scope while others will shy away. A leupold has a lifetime warranty so that should be a no brainer. The scope can be found new for 400 or less all day long new. The gun is an easy 599 all day long new.

8. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

Hunlee,

Why are you talking in the third person? Just wondering.

Thanks,

9. redbone

redbone Well-Known Member

Dennnis

I would like to try to buy your 7mm 08 Encore If you are going to Sale it to Get an New Rifle Built .

Just Let Me Know

Redbone

10. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

pistol

it is the fluted stainless one with synthetic grip and i will sell it to whoever wants it.

11. dennis

dennis Well-Known Member

pro hunter

ok i looked it up

it is the tc pro hunter

scope is the leupold vx-III 2.5-8

purchased 9/27/2006

cost 1206.44 with tax

12. rtv900

rtv900 Well-Known Member

If it is a Pro Hunter its worth a little more. In my area they tend to go for $699 new give or take a few. I just purchased two VXIII 2.5x8's for $385 each. I love that scope. I have a few on guns right now and they have been great. I hope that give you a new reference to work with. They are wonderful guns. You should not have a problem selling that package at all.

13. 338hammer

338hammer Well-Known Member

What its worth

What its worth and what you can get for it is sometimes two different prices's.

I have bought 5 Encores in the past couple years. SIx month's ago I paid $250. for a stainless frame and they come available from time to time for $300. Can buy a barrel every day for $300. new. The Leupold Scope is worth $250-$300 used.

Just what I can buy them for

14. redbone

redbone Well-Known Member

Dennis

Again I would like to have the First chance to Buy your Encore Rifle .

What do you want for the rifle only ?

Just Let me know

You can P M me .

Redbone