Emergency! Please help.

It was shooting great after all the work, and the bullets were the exact as were shooting great. Shot it out to 1000 yards, put it away for three weeks, didn't dare clean it, pulled it out and it isn't shooting worth a ****. Going to reclean it, getting the bolt, muzzlebreak, throat, chamber, everything, and shoot it tonight. With loaded and manufactured ammo.

Okay when you say it's shooting great, or it isn't, how are you defining it?
Is it based on hot grouping?
Is it based on hot single shots for accuracy?
Or one of the two, but cold?

Are the barrel temps the same when shooting at the coyote -vs- the 1Kyd validation?
Just wondering about hot barrel/cold barrel POI change potential..
Can you reshoot at 1Kyd the same way?

I doubt the barrel is shot out after 200 rounds.

My 300 RUM was shooting 1/2-3/4 MOA with 200g AB's at 800 yards with 1000 rounds down it still.

At 1200 rounds, you could definately tell it was not under MOA anymore, more like 1-1.5 MOA

Only thing I could think of was the brake was put on after the load work up and that changed the harmonics a bit. Obviously not the case. I"m pretty stumped here as well...

Cleaned it really thorough yesterday. Checked the action screws, checked the bedding a pillar. Going to put the scope on another rifle for the rest of the hunt. Looking for a good gun smith in Northern Utah. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for all the imput.

Don.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.