Elk rifle: 300 WSM vs 300 RSAUM

[ QUOTE ]
Specifically, I read that it was difficult to resize the cases due to the belt, and this could lead to jamming after the case had been reloaded a couple times due to expansion in front of the belt and the inability of most resizing dies to address this area.

[/ QUOTE ]

The only time that I have had an issue with my 300WM is when shooting a hot load, and it usually takes 2-3 firings before this becomes a factor. If this starts to happen, it is easy enough to back off the load .1 to .2 grains and the issue dissapears.

As for a long action vs a short action, I fail to see the relevance in this argument. So you save an 1/8 ounce or so of weight - big deal.

What about the model 7 in stainless steel...300 SAUM...put a 3 x 9 Leupold on it and your set for life..don't count that little 300 SAUM out, it is basically the same thing as the WSM, the difference won't be noticed...ZUMBO stated that he thought this little rifle was about as close to perfect as you could get and I agree...wish they made them in left-handed...

I have a stainless Model 7 in 7 SAUM on the way right now, should be here this week...I have an HS Precision stock waiting for it..not sure what scope I'll use yet...I plan to try the 162 AMAX......also have some 139 SSTs that I hope will shoot well in it....hope to use it out to 600 for whitetails.....have an LTR in 300 SAUM on the way too (deal too good to pass up!)as a mate to my 308 LTR......I'm looking forward to playing with both of the SAUMs.......

If you like winchesters get one of those. If you like remingtons get one of those.

I've got both the .300 win and the .300 wsm. The .300 is a custom rifle on a Rem action and the .300 wsm is a off the shelf Sako Finnlight. I like shooting the .300wsm better. I think there is a little less recoil, and I'm fond of a short action since I grew up hunting with a .308. If I had to give one of them up, it would probably be the .300 win. It is a good rifle that has taken a lot of game but I just like the feel of the Sako .300 wsm better. It is a subjective thing. I just don't "feel" like I'm shooting a magnum with the wsm. I can't help you out on the 300 RSAUM. Sorry.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.