Elk Hunting in Idaho unit 59

darrindlh

Does anyone have experience hunting big game unit 59 in Idaho. I have lived here in pocatello for only two years. I have been looking at maps and I have driven by it looks great. I missed my bull last fall at 28 yrds. I know I know. First time elk hunting and I did not realize how much I would be shaking. I ended up shooting him at 20. Wonderfull experience Though.

I have multi-year experience in unit 59 which comes with less poor news. The bull to cow ratio has dropped substantially and the occasion of seeing large bulls has been gone for the past two seasons, especially the last. The number of four wheelers has increased with little reguard for the law and the elk are now under presure with a new resident wolf pack. Give the area three to five years for a decent come-back.

Does any one know of a cabin creek up and around medicine lodge in Idaho. A fish and game wildlife manager told me of the area and I can't find it on the map.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.