Elk Hunting Boot Suggestions

I have Danners and Zamberlans. Bought a pair of Kenetreks and they just did not work with my feet. I hunt in the Danners and pack elk with the Zamberlans. My Danners are softer, insulated and warmer while the Zamberlans are uninsulated and much stiffer.

Regarding the waterproof thing, lots of guys get their pants wet in wet weather, which get their socks wet and then all that water wicks right down into the boot, but then think it's the gortex that's leaking. In really wet conditions it is very difficult to keep your feet dry. I use waterproof pants and gaitors over my Danners and my feet stay bone dry.

I've had two pairs of Danners over the last 4 years, the first pair lasted two seasons and started to leak (not a lot of miles), Danner said they were out of warranty, called Gore-Tex they tested them and sent me a full refund! (ya Gore-Tex). Decided to try Danners again, same thing, this is the second season without a lot of miles, this time pheasant hunting top 3-4 inches of boots were completely dry and socks were soaked! Waiting to hear from Gore-Tex on these. I will say I will never buy another pair of Danners again! Gore-tex did say they have a quality care unit looking into Danner Pronghorns because they've had a lot returns of this boot!

I've had two pairs of Danners over the last 4 years, the first pair lasted two seasons and started to leak (not a lot of miles), Danner said they were out of warranty, called Gore-Tex they tested them and sent me a full refund! (ya Gore-Tex). Decided to try Danners again, same thing, this is the second season without a lot of miles, this time pheasant hunting top 3-4 inches of boots were completely dry and socks were soaked! Waiting to hear from Gore-Tex on these. I will say I will never buy another pair of Danners again! Gore-tex did say they have a quality care unit looking into Danner Pronghorns because they've had a lot returns of this boot!

I've always purchased the Danner elk hunters. They always leak.

Just got the Crispis... They are the most comfortable thing I have ever had my feet inside of. They fit like a glove and the upper portion of the leather is very soft. They feel like they are already broken in. I usually wear size 11.5 and purchased what they recommend for an equivalent size - they fit great. I'll give some reports how they feel hiking up the mountain in a few days.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.