Elk hunting area 47 colorado

dariuszczyszczon

I have a goat tag in area G17 in colorado looking to hook up with some elk hunters that are going to be in that area as well. Was there las weekend to do some scouting. Mainly hunting west of mount Massive. Wanting to share info.

well, not to cast asparagus on your efforts to date. But scouting this early is sorta like peeing in your hip waders. It gives you a temporary warm feeling which quickly passes. Summer range for the boys you're after is going to be quite a bit different than where they're going to be during your season. I don't have any experience with area 47 but my advice would be to do your scouting within a couple weeks of your season if possible. If you had an early season archery or muzzloader tag, your scouting now could be productive. But if your season is rut/post rut the elk could be in a different area code and changed their habits dramatically.

He's not hunting elk, he's hunting Goats, he simply wants to know who has early elk tags in the area, that way Darius can get reports from them right before he goes up to see if have seen any goats and were they were located.

Tony.:)

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.