Elk comes CLOSE!

Man I'm jealous. Look at the fun that guy's having . Bull that close and the bow on the other side of the tree. Great!! Thanks for posting.

I loved that video, it brought back the following memory so vividly that I was holding my breath as I watched the video.

I had a bull do almost the same thing in Arizona in 1997, I was facing toward him a little more and the bill of my hat hid my eyes. He stood there for a LONG time (just like in the video), he was only 10" from the tip of my arrow and his breath was visible all the way to my bow. I was kneeling down with the bow resting on the ground.

I didn't get the bull, but that is one of my finest hunting memories. I still don't know how big he was, he had brow times about 12" long, The way I had my head tilted to hide my glasses/eyes, I could only see his brow times and legs! !What a rush!

I think I would have **** myself!

Note to self; Bring extra undies on next elk hunt!

WOW That is freaking awesome. The question I must ask, (I think I already know the answer) :-( Did you manage to get a shot off, and did you make it. I bet he could hear your heart beating. Did you even know he was comming or did he sneak up on you and totally suprise you?

had a bull moose that close once. it was great fun until he got closer than 10 ft. it was "serious" at 4 ft! thanks for sharing, great stuff.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.