electronice scales for reloading

I use Adam McDonalds Auto Throw to throw 52 grains of powder and the Auto Trickler to trickle up to 54.9. This occurs fast enough that I do not have the time to place a cartridge in my press and seat a bullet!

Gempro 250 is what I use. It's fast, repeatable and super accurate. It's been more accurate than any scale I've seen so far. .02 g is plenty accurate enough for me. What's not to like?

Weighing each charge is slow. I have the Gem pro 250 and the RCBS CM. I use the GemPro to verify the CM weights sometimes, but my CM is always so close that I don't even bother checkling it much anymore. The GemPro just collects dust for the most part now

Weighing each charge is slow. I have the Gem pro 250 and the RCBS CM. I use the GemPro to verify the CM weights sometimes, but my CM is always so close that I don't even bother checkling it much anymore. The GemPro just collects dust for the most part now

I've had my CM about a year. For the longest time it was throwing charges right on the money when compared to my Redding beam scale. I was loading some stuff yesterday and decided to check the CM weight against the beam scale. I hadn't double-checked loads in a while as I was getting to trust the CM. Well, I checked a load of 25.0 gr. on the beam scale. Threw 10 more CM loads and they ALL came up at 24.8! Nothing in my loading area/method has changed...Except for the light loads. Gotta look up some ideas on how to fix it.

I've had my CM about a year. For the longest time it was throwing charges right on the money when compared to my Redding beam scale. I was loading some stuff yesterday and decided to check the CM weight against the beam scale. I hadn't double-checked loads in a while as I was getting to trust the CM. Well, I checked a load of 25.0 gr. on the beam scale. Threw 10 more CM loads and they ALL came up at 24.8! Nothing in my loading area/method has changed...Except for the light loads. Gotta look up some ideas on how to fix it.
Do you calibrate the scale and dispenser before each session? I have found sometimes, after calibration, the scale would be off by .2-.5 compared to my balance beam scale, I would do another calibration and it would weigh perfect with the balance beam. The only thing I could come up with the reasoning, I may have bumped the loading table during calibration.

I'm curious, how many of you with electronic scales leave them turned on all the time?

I have two, a RCBS Chargemaster and the older version Dillon D-Terminator, I never shut either one of them off. Whenever I have, it seems like they both take awhile before they get warmed up and settle down. Curious if many others leave their E scales turned on all the time or do you turn them off when not in use.

FWIW, both of mine are over ten years old and I, often, check them to my Redding 505 beam scale.
I unplug and put mine away after each use. I recalibrate before each use but it is quick and easy enough. I also don't use every week and have limited space on a newer chargemaster

If you really are interested in high levels of accuracy look into lab scales. They make any of these look crude. But if you get to high end they become tedious to setup. You can texh ger scales that read to the mcg. But even Slight breeze can effect tbem. Not to mention they are not cheap but a buy once for a life time of use

One thing with any of the powered electronic scales like thecharge master which I ha e had for years. They can be effected by florescent lights emf any kind of dirty power on the breaker circuit. Things that have electric motors as window ac units frig freezers etc... Also mame sure they are on heavy rock solid tables or workbench.
Basically keep it way from any kind of emf or vibration and moving air flow.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.