electronic powder measures

257speed

I tried to do a search, w/out success. I have read the other post on the rcbs electric dispenser/scale. Has anyone used the Lyman 1200 dispenser/scale? I have an oppurtunity to get a great deal on one.

257 I have used one and love it very much! It has great accuracy and speed. I have the newest version of it which I understand had a good improvement in speed over the older version. The claimed accuracy from Lyman is +/- .1 of a grain and I will say 90 to 95 % of the time it throws a perfect load and the rest of the time it is within the .1 tenth grain. Cleanup is a little more time consuming than I like but is still fairly easy. The warmup mode is 30 minutes and can be bypassed if needed quickly. I love it for loading several rounds once I have found a good load cause you can program the load into memory and just keep hitting enter and it will dispense the same load over and over again. It's a great addition to your bench if you do a great deal of shooting because it will definitly SPEED up the process for you. If you have any other questions just ask and I will try to answer them. Hope all that helps you!

You folks need to go to 6BR.com and read the race results on this subject. Great tests on the R.C.B.S. , Lyman 1200 and the PACT. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Where are the good deals on this machine?? I have a friend who has one and it works pretty good especially when loading several rounds.

I don't know what kind of deal 257 has found but midway has the Lyman for $218 and the RCBS for $294.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.