Electronic Muffs

I got a couple pair of the Peltor brand muffs that Walmart sells for Christmas last year. Probably the best gift I have ever got. They work extremely well. I am able to hear people talk over on the other side of the range no problem and they block sound really well. They also have a headphone port where you can listen to music on your phone or whatever while you shoot. I've never used that feature but thought it was kind of cool.

I second the peltor. i have the same set as stomp442 as well as a bunch of other ones that arent relevant for anyone on here like the comtac 2s. but the ones being talked about are comfortable and the noise canceling properties work well. my buddy has a pair called impact or high impact is the company? ...he likes those and i tried them on, they are pretty comparable to the peltors.

3M Peltor is the best. Measured value for money.
Howard Lights are second best value for money.

I am trying 3M Peltor in ear. It uses the same technology as the muffs.

My Howard Leight muffs gave up the ghost after only 6 months. I had a set of Caldwells at backup they are still plugging along I did prefer the Howard's when they worked. I'll probably try the Peltors next.

Good info on the peltors, never thought of them. Got the howard leight ones about 10years ago and theyre still kicking. Same for everyone else i know that has them. My favorite feature is the auto shutoff after two hours i think. I forget to turn them off every stinking time i use them and the batteries last well over two years a set. Generally i shoot at least once a week, sometimes twice.

I bought a pair of Howard Leight Impact Sport not long after they came out and they are still working. I use the crap out of them; on about a weekly basis at work, shooting sessions and hunt with them on. Another plus for them is they fit under my issued ACH. The guys at work like them so much that our 1SG had them purchased and now are issued. So now I have two pair.:D

I have a couple of different models of the Peltor and Walker Game Ears as well. I'm very happy with all of them.

I had an accident about three weeks ago that appears to have cost me most of my hearing on the left side which was my "good ear" so I'm going to be much more mindful of protecting what I have left.

Just an little update on the 3M Peltor in ear.

I don't like any of the ear adapters that came with it. I have large odd shaped ear canals. I had some ear molds made. Put a tube to let a little sound in, fitted the Peltor In Ear to them and that is fantastic. I was shooting a 50 DTC/EDM with those and it's sound filtering is as good as Over ear Peltors electronic muffs and foam plugs under.

I've got the Howard Leight Impact Sport, & they have worked fine for me for several years now. No problems. When I'm shooting the "Bigger Boomers", I'll put foam plugs in ears under the muffs! Too many years working in metal fabrication shops, & my hearing isn't that great any more, gotta protect what I have left! Ha Ha....... Idaho-5R

Sorry about that. I hope it returns, all pr partial.

Was it firearms related? To stop anyone else if it is preventable.
Nope ******* related.

Hauling off a bundle of prunings from my plum bushes I shoved a stick all the way through my left eardrum and wrecked my middle and inner ear.

Had surgery a week ago Friday to fix what could be fixed but at this point I'm not real hopeful of getting much of it back.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.