Elcan Digital

This is obivously a scope designed by an electrical engineer. Probably will not be very successful as no one will trust a truely electronic implementation with no capability to view if the battery goes dead, etc.

That being said it has possibilities, there are other obvious functions that could be incorparated into a truely electronic scope:

1. highly senstitive imaging ccd, would work in very low light levels and still provide a decent image
2. range finder
3. inclinometer
4. barometer
5. altimeter
6. Exabal or equivalent ballistics calculator

not sure how to sense wind at a distance in a scope, but all the other stuff is mature technology.

Would sure cut down on the stuff a guy would need to carry around.

Would be interesting to see some of Elcans other products they are marketing to the military. Probably have all the stuff listed above already implemented in a scope.

Be careful - without Electrcial Engineers we would still be shooting muskets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Be careful - without Electrcial Engineers we would still be shooting muskets. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]And? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smirk.gif - Just kidding! - I've spent most of my life in computers so......I long for a return to a world where technology referred to a claw hammer /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Saw on S-hide that Burris (I think it was) have a leccy scope too.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.