El range

we got some in and i've been testing them for a few days. they work very well, they range quickly, settings are easy to use/figure out, only a few ounces heavier than the el binoculars.

i've been testing these, i checked range on an 18x36 sign at 651 yards, both when i got them, and when it rained yesterday. my boss took a set hunting, let me know if you have specific questions, i'll post more pictures as i get the opportunity, i'm going to hook a camera up to it tomorrow and get some reticle and range pictures.

swaroelrange.jpg

Try to see how far you can range a pine tree in bright sunlight. Also see how far you can range cows or horses.Let us know if it succeeds on the first attempt or not.Thanks If you don't mind give me a phone # and a time when I could talk to you about these.Please have a price available.

i'll do you one better, i'll take pictures while i'm doing it and weather conditions. you can call me anytime at 1-800-720-9625 and i'll answer any questions you have, like i said i really like these binoculars and have been running them a few days now. i just need to find some distance to max them out

here is what i got today, i'm going to try to do more this weekend, i need a place i can get out a little farther but so far so good. i'm pretty impressed so far. i walked off the distances and used Google earth, so far it's been perfect

this particular sign is pretty hard to range, it's a pretty good test for any range finder to pick it up, i ranged this sign today, about noon, 55 degrees.

100_1637.jpg

100_1636.jpg

100_1646.jpg

next i went to a friends house and went out in the pasture, almost got killed by a **** bull, but then i used said bull to test the binoculars

100_1654.jpg

100_1652.jpg

100_1653.jpg

last i saw an opportunity to range out to a little over 800, 55 degrees across a field to a telephone pole

100_1657.jpg

100_1659.jpg

sorry for the crappy pictures, it was an old point and shoot and i was in a hurry. around 6pm we were ranging telephone poles out to 1240 yards. more to come

here are a few more pictures from my hunt this weekend. i'm probably going to do a side by side with the other rf binoculars in the near future. my biggest challenge was finding an area with the range i needed. i used a tripod for the images, but i use a seated and prone position to shoot some of the longer shots before i tripod mounted the bino's and took the pictures. i didn't get to range any deer because of the wind and full moon, but here is what i got

100_1701.jpg

100_1702.jpg

above are some cows i saw after the morning hunt, i was going from where i was hunting to a pipeline where i could do some serious ranging

100_1660.jpg

100_1664.jpg

100_1670.jpg

100_1697.jpg

this is an electric line pole, i've put my rifle next to one for size reference, it's an off shape, but the nightforce scope on my rifle is 15 inches long, so you've got an idea of size.

100_1674.jpg

100_1675.jpg

this is a fence post i ranged, it's a small target, good distance.

100_1693.jpg

100_1696.jpg

this is the hill behind the fence post i ranged. the reason i did the fence post is because it is a pretty small non reflective target at distance. while i was ranging it, another guy hunting that property walked across this pipe line on that hill and i was able to range him at that yardage. he was walking too fast for me to get the camera set up and i didn't think it was a good idea to try to yell at him to stop while pointing some weird looking thing at him.

100_1680.jpg

100_1688.jpg

these last images are of a tripod stand that had some burlap wraped around it, i couldn't get any closer because it's not on my least, but given it's size i'm confident you could range a deer sized target out to 1400 if you brace yourself. i was hunting alone so i didn't had a partner to act as a target. i'll try to get more pictures when i can. let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.