edge gets wapiti

skitch

Hi started reading post on here about two years ago and got the bug bad. so we had shawn build us a rifle we got it in august and boy did the fun start .this rifle is so accurate we still cannot get over it we have stretched it out to 1950 yards on several different days what a gas. ok now for what we did on monday. my dad has been in a wheel chair for 26 years and must shoot from the car. this can be very hard to line up first elk were to close ran out of the road 45 yards over the bank so dad could not see them. next elk were 997 yards and before we could get the lazer to work to much rain and snow to get a hit some other guys ran them off. then on monday afternoon we spotted six more at 980 yards. put all the info in exbal made the ajustments and dad settled in and let it go and it went flat on impact the 300 gr seirra broke its back right at the liver doa I will try to post some pics of dad and his setup this weekend. o ya in oregon handycap hunters can shoot cows so no head mount this time but all bet we frame a picture
. and thank you shawn for a great gun.

A big congradulatios is inorder.......
thumb.gif
Beers.gif

Skitch

Sounds like they cooperated better this week and no FOG! You will have to drop a pic of at Al's for me to see. Great job!
Ya Im the guy usally in a tie and the Ugly car at Als.

Off this weekend to fill your tag?

Congrats.

skitch,

That is a great story! Congratulations to both you and your Dad.
Great shot too!

JD338

Glad you got to spend some Q time hunting with your dad. Sounds like the Edge is working for you guys so far. But honestly when are you going to quit screwing around with that close range stuff? LOL!!! Glad everything worked out for you.

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.