Eberlestock Riflestock !?!

Discussion in 'Long Range Hunting & Shooting' started by 6.5shaggy, Sep 4, 2011.

1. 6.5shaggy

6.5shaggy Well-Known Member

I just saw on Eberlestock's website that they were re-entering the stock making business. A tactical chassis system for M70 and M700 actions that looks really good. Anyone else know anything about them?

2. 1woodchopper

1woodchopper Member

Have seen the same web sight . Have considered a manners stock do to its solid platform. But the Eberlestock looks intriguing? Would also like to have more info?

3. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

They make great products and those stocks look very intriguing to me but I just can't see myself spending 1,200.00 on a rifle stock when you can buy a great stock for half of that or even less.

4. bogger01

bogger01 Well-Known Member

i'm with wild rose on this one.i think its a decent looking platform but you can get a great stock,even a modular chassis for a lot less.

5. ELR Researcher

ELR Researcher Well-Known Member

FYI - I e-mailed them on 8/18 inquiring about availability (their website says - still as of today - "Coming in summer 2011"). On 8/19 I received this reply,

"Sorry we do not have any details/information to share with you at this time about the gun stock. We have taken down your name and e-mail address; we will be reaching out to everyone who has inquired on the gun stock at a later date."

Wild Rose - where did you get the $1200 price?

6. WildRose

That's the price posted on the stock page.

http://www.eberlestock.com/CFW%20Stocks.htm

Just above the pictures.

7. ELR Researcher

ELR Researcher Well-Known Member

Hi Wild Rose:

You are looking at the wrong web page. This is the stock/chassis announced at the 2011 SHOT Show - Eberlestock Advanced Rifle Chassis

Also, seems you have an old link. I find no such "wood" stock on the current site - Eberlestock

8. WildRose

Ahhhh.

Well looking at that one I'll bet it ends up being priced similar to the AICS system.

There's a heck of a lot of machining in that chassis.

9. 6.5shaggy

6.5shaggy Well-Known Member

At $1200 no wonder you don't see any of the wood/carbon eberlestocks floating around! But that chassis has me wunderin.

10. 1woodchopper

1woodchopper Member

I would have to agree on the price being a little high! Will most likely go with a Manners MCS Stock.
    Thank you for your input