ebay?

grit

I've noticed a couple negative comments about ebay. What's the deal? I vaguely recall they quit selling guns. Didn't think this was political. Enlighten me.

They quit selling anything involved with launching a bullet last Augest because that crazy SOB at the Virginia Tech shooting.
No brass, bullets, barrel parts are allowed.
Apparently that *** bought supplies on E-bay.

Are they involved in some lawsuits? Is this a liability issue or anti gun ploicy?

From what I remember reading, he did buy firearm stuff off of e-bay, but none of the items were actually used in the shooting. Why e-bay decided to pull the plug is beyond me. I have the feeling that they are anti-gun. Firearm stuff is banned, but not black powder stuff (well, the last time that I looked that is!)

As much as I hate using them due to the anti-gun stance, I still do if the price of the item warrants it. (buying - I haven't sold anything on there for a few years.)

It was an arbitrary decision by their chicken**** policy board. I wouldn't partronize the sonsabitches if they gave stuff away! :mad:

eBay joined with the ChiCom Walmart Corp in stopping the sale of 2nd Amendment items. The founder of eBay retired a billionaire so she dont care, and old Sam Walton is rollin in his grave that his American Walmarts are now nothing more than a Chinese Communist front organization. ( yeah China is still Communist, I hope you didnt forget that)

It was my understanding that the V-Tech shooter purchased a "magazine" by virtue of an Ebay transaction. This is what lead them to "re-think" their policy on certain items. Not all firearm related items are banned but MANY are.

I use to sell lots of unneeded reloading supplies there, bullets, brass, etc. That stuff is now on the Ebay banned list.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.