1. grit

grit Well-Known Member

I've noticed a couple negative comments about ebay. What's the deal? I vaguely recall they quit selling guns. Didn't think this was political. Enlighten me.

2. gamedog

gamedog Well-Known Member

They quit selling anything involved with launching a bullet last Augest because that crazy SOB at the Virginia Tech shooting.
    No brass, bullets, barrel parts are allowed.
    Apparently that POS bought supplies on E-bay.

3. grit

grit Well-Known Member

Are they involved in some lawsuits? Is this a liability issue or anti gun ploicy?

4. esshup

esshup Well-Known Member

From what I remember reading, he did buy firearm stuff off of e-bay, but none of the items were actually used in the shooting. Why e-bay decided to pull the plug is beyond me. I have the feeling that they are anti-gun. Firearm stuff is banned, but not black powder stuff (well, the last time that I looked that is!)

As much as I hate using them due to the anti-gun stance, I still do if the price of the item warrants it. (buying - I haven't sold anything on there for a few years.)

5. LewisH

LewisH Well-Known Member

It was an arbitrary decision by their chickenshit policy board. I wouldn't partronize the sonsabitches if they gave stuff away! :mad:

6. silvertip-co

silvertip-co Well-Known Member

eBay joined with the ChiCom Walmart Corp in stopping the sale of 2nd Amendment items. The founder of eBay retired a billionaire so she dont care, and old Sam Walton is rollin in his grave that his American Walmarts are now nothing more than a Chinese Communist front organization. ( yeah China is still Communist, I hope you didnt forget that)

7. Varmint Hunter

Varmint Hunter Well-Known Member

It was my understanding that the V-Tech shooter purchased a "magazine" by virtue of an Ebay transaction. This is what lead them to "re-think" their policy on certain items. Not all firearm related items are banned but MANY are.

I use to sell lots of unneeded reloading supplies there, bullets, brass, etc. That stuff is now on the Ebay banned list.