Eastern Idaho Cow Moose hunt

srhaggerty

I drew a cow moose permit over in Eastern Idaho this year and was looking to see if there were some members here who wanted to maybe tag along. The hunt is outside Idaho Falls. I think my plan is to come over November 14th and hunt through that Monday if needed. Just wish I had a LR rig to use on this hunt.

Gimme a holler. I'm old, lazy, weak and pretty much useless, but am a decent observer/recorder and have some stories to tell that I'd like to hear how they end

I also believe in CTR for those big things (Close To Road);)

Roy actually I was hoping you would be available. Have you been around Antelope Creek? I always need a cameraman.

Darn, just a cameraman:( However I could do some great color commentary on a video.:D:rolleyes::D

Nope, never been around Antelope Creek, but given the time till mid Nov. that can easily be remedied especially if you need some scouting done.

Man I hope I didn't say it like "just a cameraman". We can add anything you want to it, scouter, spotter, anything. Do you have a 4 wheeler?

Roy I would certainly love any help I can get over there. Season opens Oct. 13th. I am sure I could swing a weekend over there earlier, if you were seeing cows before then. Weather is a big factor for getting in and out of that road. I have a wall tent and stove so we can pile some guys and gear in the tent for sure.

Snow'd like mad up that way Firday and through Sunday.

The road(s) are thick gravey. yeeehaaa

Was looking for a 7000 acre parcel of private land that we have permission to hunt on. Couldn't find it. But we will.........

Went to Utah to scout with grandson. Rolled an ATV down a shale slide. Steeper than squat. Was stopped by the fence built for that purpose.

It was a quick 50' trip.

No damage to me that won't heal. :rolleyes:

Snow will be gone in a day or so then things will be back to normal......

Thanks, just trying to get my bearings still.
FWIW, I've been seeing moose up around 8,000 ft. over here this past weekend. Could be all the hunters down low. Not sure. Could be grizz or wolves too, they seem to be hanging in the drainages.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.