• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Early model VSSF 308....trade?

michael sr

I have this nice VSSF, early model .308. Had GA Precision do some functional modifications. I have not shot this rifle in more than a yr. I got it from the original owner and he told me he sighted it in, took it Deer hunting once and that was all. He gave me the two boxes of ammo he bought with it one had 4, rounds left the other was full.
What do you have that you would consider trading towards the acquisition of this Remington 700/308.…

Can you give us some details about the functional modifications done by gap? What do you feel the trade value of the rifle is?

The work done:

1) Muzzle brake

2) over sized bolt handle

3) Bolt release move to side of receiver.

==================================

approx cost of work which included shp/ins both directions $500...

I kinda fig'r the real world market value is $1200--$1300...

My trade interests are:

.22's

.357's***

.44 mag

30-30's....

410's

20ga's

Rifle or handguns, my heart rate goes up when you mentions stainless...

***would like a 77/357,stainless.

Last edited:
I have a custom 6.5x284 that I will trade you, your rifle plus 500 cash, rifle only, no optics. Its listed on here.

That's cool, I'm guessing you've never shot a high powered 26 cal, 260AI or bigger, you'd probably change your mind!

I wasn't being disrespectful, nor am I by saying this. I have never seen a 300ultra win any matchs, I can't imagine a necked down elephant cartridge lasting more than 500 rounds in competition.