EABCO Barrels

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Dano5001, Feb 2, 2009.

1. Dano5001

Dano5001 Well-Known Member

Anyone here have experience with E Arthur Brown barrels? I was interested in one of his savage prefits.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
  2. MachV

MachV Well-Known Member

Pickt up a 6br barrel for one of the old Js a while back from EBCO. I have only fireformed the 100 rounds of brass for it so far but it seams to be a fair barrel. The threads seamed to be a little small as it fit very loose in the action till I tightened up the nut???? The barrel is a lot easier to clean than the factory Savage barrels but has yet to outshoot them( to be fair though I have not put it on a bench to ring it out to its fullest!).
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. James Jones

James Jones Well-Known Member

I have an EABCO barrel for my Encore and its shoots very well , as good as a friends Virgin Valley. If I'm not mistaken they use Douglas air guaged barrels.

I have used a couple Lothar Walther barrels that were bought prefit for the Savages and they all shot very well.

4. landcbeitner

landcbeitner Well-Known Member

My buddy has one in 6.5x47 Lapua. The accuracy is good (sub 1/2 MOA). It copper fouls like mad compared to premium hand laped barrels.