EABCO Barrels

Dano5001

Anyone here have experience with E Arthur Brown barrels? I was interested in one of his savage prefits.

Last edited:
Pickt up a 6br barrel for one of the old Js a while back from EBCO. I have only fireformed the 100 rounds of brass for it so far but it seams to be a fair barrel. The threads seamed to be a little small as it fit very loose in the action till I tightened up the nut???? The barrel is a lot easier to clean than the factory Savage barrels but has yet to outshoot them( to be fair though I have not put it on a bench to ring it out to its fullest!).
singleshots.jpg

6BR%20Eabco%20Barrel.png

I have an EABCO barrel for my Encore and its shoots very well , as good as a friends Virgin Valley. If I'm not mistaken they use Douglas air guaged barrels.

I have used a couple Lothar Walther barrels that were bought prefit for the Savages and they all shot very well.

My buddy has one in 6.5x47 Lapua. The accuracy is good (sub 1/2 MOA). It copper fouls like mad compared to premium hand laped barrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.