DUNN custom knife (Free) (Mailed -> Gone)

Discussion in 'Trade, Freebie and Loan' started by Dave King, Dec 7, 2007.

1. Dave King

Dave King Well-Known Member

This is a free item (Gift) but I will entertain a return gift if the other party (that'd be YOU) feels obligated by regional social norms or generous or whatever.

If more that one person would desire the item I will entertain making a choice as to the new owner based on some criteria as yet undetermined.

I reserve the right to withdraw an item for any reason (bickering would be one reason).

I will present the item as best I understand it, I will list faults that I know (and recall). If the item is dangerous (could put an eye out or something without special instructions) I may limit its demise to someone I know and trust.

I assume the new user will use the item as designed and intended and for lawful purposes. If the new user is injured with the item I will believe it is due to negligence, willful ignorance or stupidity (or any combination of two or in extreme cases all three).

[​IMG]

Hi-Res

http://longrangehunter.com/trade-free/dunn-custom1.jpg

[​IMG]

Hi-Res

http://longrangehunter.com/trade-free/dunn-custom2.jpg

I used this knife once or twice on deer. It's a delicate sort of knife, not a sturdy pry tool or a survival knife. The handle is Linen Micarta and the blade is ??? metal of some sort (I've forgotten).

The sheath has some blood stain and dirt on it.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  2. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

Dave, I'd be happy to give this knife a new home if its still available.

3. Dave King

MagMan

I believe we can do that. Understand that this is a delicate type knife and not a tough tool, Mr Dunn (I bought this a number of years ago) was very clear in telling me that this is a knife and not a chisel or pry bar.

4. Wild_Bill

Wild_Bill Well-Known Member

Awsome skinner

Dave that looks like a beautifull skinning knife my father has a Boker skinner with a verry thin blade like this beautifull knife and it is just amasing to use but it is a delecate instrument not a chopping device.

Cheers Bill
    Australia

5. Dave King

The knife is in the mail 11 Dec 2007.

6. MagMan

MagMan Well-Known Member

Thanks Dave

7. lovdasnow

lovdasnow Well-Known Member

wow dave! that was very nice of you, those are selling on ebay for around $90.
    it's nice to see generosity like this.

thanks

8. Dave King

90 bucks!!! Damn it :mad:

In all seriousness, if another person can get use from an item I have stowed away (and will likely never use) then putting it to use seems proper..... And, I enjoy it (its also sort of my penance for a mean and nasty younger life).

90 bucks.... (I hope my wife doesn't see this).