Dun Did

Discussion in 'Elk Hunting' started by BrentM, Sep 3, 2013.

1. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

Well, I had a great weekend. Last year I called in 25 Bulls in this area and had a awesome year, no kill, just video. This year, I called in 3 6x6's Sunday morning and got video of 2 that turned out awesome. I didn't get video of this bull, as I went into hunt mode vs film mode, and put a arrow in the boiler room. Rough score is 330

Attached Files:

2. Boman

Boman Well-Known Member

Well done sir. Beautiful country and a beautiful bull. Great way to start the year.

3. MNhunter86

MNhunter86 Well-Known Member

Great job!

4. mtnwrunner

mtnwrunner Well-Known Member

Now THAT'S the way to spend the weekend. Nice job BrentM and really nice bull.

Randy

5. CB11WYO

CB11WYO Well-Known Member

Congrats!
    Good lookin' bull :)

6. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. This bull is super old and regressing. His ivories are all but gone. I think I hunted him last year and he out smarted me. I shot him about 400 yards from where he schooled me last year. He was bigger and badder. I might be wrong but there were 3 bulls in the area all 360 plus. I am unsure of how much antler growth is reduced each year, but I do suppose it depends on the bulls health. He was fat though.

7. jesterg

jesterg Well-Known Member

Brent, that s a great bull.. Congrats.. And it sounds like you had a good prelude to the real deal.. Im the same way. The camera is fun and a good way to share the outdoors with others, but when we purchase a tag we can't fill it with a camera..lol
    Great pic. If you have other pics of the other bulls post them. We all like looking at more bulls...
    Jesterg

8. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

I do but I got back last night at 2300 and was so tired I passed out. At work today so tonight I hope to do some clean up and load vid etc.

9. barnesuser28

barnesuser28 Well-Known Member

Awesome bull! Thanks for sharing, you got me excited for hunting season.

10. BrentM

BrentM Well-Known Member

[ame=http://youtu.be/MdzGH2059kE]2013 Elk Hunt Part 1 - YouTube[/ame]