dropaway rest

longtines

Do the people who have installed the dropaway rest on their tac elites feel it was an improvement? Is this a wise choice for hunting situations?
longtines

Do the people who have installed the dropaway rest on their tac elites feel it was an improvement?
I feel it was an improvement. But, I can't say how much of an improvement because I made several major changes at same time.
1) Drop way rest
2) Timney Trigger
3) Split upper rail to allow shooting of three vane arrows
4) a} Changed to Firenock AeroVane fletchings
b} Changed to Firenock Shafts (Aerobolt II 200)
c} Changed to Firenocks D-style plain knocks

Is this a wise choice for hunting situations?
I have had no problems using drop-away rest on my TAC 15i for hunting.

The current limitation on my customized TAC-15i and arrows' accuracy is 3x scope. The scope reticle covers the entire circle target area of bag at 90-yards, making it a guessing game as to whether you are aiming at bullseye.
Still, in a Buck Master (BM-180) bag, the arrows hit around the outside edge of inner most bullseye circle (which has "X" in middle).

The reason I am using the 3x scope is because it has multiple reticles that work out as follows: 15-yards, 30-yards (center), 45-yards, 60-yards, 75-yards, 90-yards.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.