Drop down turret or nikon rimfire bdc for 10//22 ?

Discussion in 'Rimfire and Airguns' started by minkman1, May 3, 2013.

1. minkman1

minkman1 Active Member

Folks...I want to thank every one for answering my questions the last 2 weeks on 10/22 scopes. After reading every ones reviews and info it looks like the NIKON PROSTAFF RIMFIRE 3-9X40 WITH BDC is the best SCOPE for me and my type of shooting ( hunting and up to 175 yard can plinking ).

Now one more question.....ha ha... ( right )

Question... i am sure some of you shooters use a drop down turret on your 22LR rimfires. HOW WOULD YOU COMPARE THEM TO THE NIKON BDC recticle for accuracy at 75 , 100, 150, 200 , 300 yards with the 22lr cal ? Also what brand of scope and model seems to work better for a 22LR scope drop down turret ?

i know i will need a better quality scope with a 20 moa or 30 moa mount to reach this far out with a 22LR but i want to get some feed back from you guys that use the drop down turret on a 22LR CAL.

ONCE AGAIN THANKS FOR YOUR HELP. MARTY

2. sscoyote

sscoyote Well-Known Member

Marty, don't know if you're still around on this one, but since most of the Nikon's come with a target turret anyway, i just apply reticle to it's furthest range then add MOA to it, i.e. if 300 yds. requires 50 MOA and i have a 20 MOA reticle then i just add 30 MOA and use the 20 MOA stadia point, whatever it may be.

With the 22 LR i really prefer a tree reticle system though as i find i'm always having to hold off for it.

3. minkman1

minkman1 Active Member

thanks for info. I bought the bdc 3-9x40. it is on the money with cci 1640 fps ammo. marty