drill rod?

Discussion in 'Rifles, Bullets, Barrels & Ballistics' started by Triggernosis, Mar 5, 2007.

  1. Triggernosis

    Triggernosis Well-Known Member

    Dec 30, 2006
    For my scope installation, I used a 1/4" rod help align my front Kokopelli alignment bar to the barrel. I used the straightest piece of rod that I could find at the local hardware store, inserted it with the "crown" up, and proceeded with the installation.
    However, I've been told that a piece of "drill rod" would likely be straighter - is that what I need and where in the world am I likely to find it?
    I can't imagine a 3' length of 1/4" stock being perfectly straight anyway.
  2. Black Diamond 408

    Black Diamond 408 Well-Known Member

    Sep 6, 2003
    You can order it from MSC sales, or go to a machine-tool supply store. Drill rod is ground and polished, should be very straight. Totally differnt than mild steel hardware store rods.